Business Development Manager
Rotterdam | Elektrotechniek | Breda | HBO | Solar Energy | PV | duurzame energie | zonnepanelen | Utrecht | business development | sales | Den Haag
This globally active renewable energy project developer creates, develops and realizes sustainable, innovative solar energy solutions. From drawing board, financing to execution; The company offers all expertise under one roof. With roots in China, it has been active worldwide since 2013.
The European Head Office is located in Rotterdam. And that is not without reason. It features the “Hands on mentality” that reigns there. Passion, professionalism and a personal approach are central to this. The corporate mission is to achieve sustainable goals. Working along with their stakeholders and advise the best solutions. With the expertise of a team of specialists from all over the world and knowledge of the local markets, the company has become one of the leading global companies in the renewable industry.
As they are expanding their team they are looking for a Business Development Manager who will be part of the Operations team. The operations team is responsible for the Engineering and Construction (EPC) of large scale ground-based, rooftop, carports and floating photovoltaic (PV) installations.
The Business Development/ Sales Manager researches and approaches the European PV market. The BDM identifies and secures potential project opportunities, portfolios and or tenders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Identifying new locations, projects, customers and partners
- Managing multiple projects simultaneous from initial development up to realization
- Setting up agreements and cooperation’s for realization of PV solar parks
- Advising and involving all project relevant stakeholders
- Working together with other departments, like design/engineering for initial designs and analysis
- Managing planning and permitting processes with municipalities
- Liaise with grid operators on connectivity possibilities
- Prepare financial models / business cases
- Initiating, coordinating and managing application processes of subsidies (SDE+, EIA etc.)
- Managing RFP/Tender processes (EPC tenders)
ReportingThe Business Development/Sales Manager – PV reports to Senior Business Development Manager.
Position will be based in Rotterdam office. Travelling throughout the Netherlands and occasionally Europe is required.
Required qualifications, skills & competencies• Fluent in Dutch and English at business level
• Minimum bachelor’s degree, Commercial and or Technical, Sustainable Energy Management or any other related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Development/sales role either in photovoltaic (PV) projects or related industries (wind or biomass)
• Ability to communicate at a senior level with stakeholders and partners
• Relevant knowledge on legislation and developments (Permits, Masterplans, SDE, EIA ETC.)
• Experience in financial modelling and business cases
• Commercial, focused, accurate and well organized
• Strong interpersonal, communication and social skills
• Team minded – Together Everyone Achieves More
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
• Hands-on mentality
• Driving license B
• Office 365